Saturday, September 05, 2009

 

beautiful Human Powered Helicopter YURI-I

I'm interested in human power recently. It's so elegant.


I saw the art work by Dinh Q. Le at Dojima River Biennale on Sunday of this week. The work is consist of two parts, a DIY helicopter inspired by two farmers who keen to have their own helicopter and videos of the interviews of the farmers and the victims of the Vietnam War and the scenes of wars with helicopters. It was so impressed to show longing and fear for technology. How we are strange creature.

Dinh Q. LĂȘ: The Farmers and the Helicopters By Joselina Cruz


Accidentally I'm reading The Sorrow of War by Bao Ninh. The story is very dark, chaotic, and full of sorrow literally. But it draws me powerfully. The author illustrates obstinate memory, obsession and loss which came from the Vietnam War.


I met Clarence from Singapore in Shinjuku the day before yesterday. A dinner with him was enjoyable. We told about how important to have experience to live as a foreigner is. We took a walk in the town, in the bright and the dark. He got back to his country next day.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home