Sunday, December 26, 2010

 

Gabriela Fridriksdottir

A very fantastic artist Gabriela Fridriksdottir.
I watched her work "Parsations" on the exhibition Transformation in Tokyo.
ガブリエラ・フリズリクスドッティ



http://www.mot-art-museum.jp/eng/2010/transformation/index.html

This work is the only one exciting exhibit for me. Transformation is basic concept of arts itself. The idea is not new for art. But the idea is new when you read book. To read the books by Shin'ichi Nakaza, one of the curators and addresses Anthropology symmetry is better after to see the exhibition. After reading the books, to see the exhibition is like to insert the right key into the right keyhole, then we see the scene that I could already imagined. No surprising and don't bring me to unexpected thrilling world. It's not easy to inspire alternative idea/vision etc. for audience. The audience have already had right answer. I realized the difficulty to make the exhibition with scholar. Blank is very important for audience in art space. If you haven't read the books, you could enjoy.
To favour this work might be from my taste.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home